Weight Ticker

Monday, April 27, 2009

Post-surgery diet

For the first two weeks after surgery I was to have a "liquid" only diet. This consisted of 4 tablespoons of yoghurt for breakfast, a glass of diet milk for morning tea, 2 tablespoons of soup for lunch with 2 tablespoons of fruit puree, more milk for afternoon tea and another lot of soup for dinner with custard or yoghurt for dessert. Another total of 4 tablespoons. Of course all the yoghurt had to be strained so it didn't have any lumps etc.

As you can imagine this regime got pretty boring pretty quickly. I actually wasn't feeling very hungry at all following the operation and these staples were enough. We had a production line of plastic containers, measuring spoons and teaspoons to eat with.

I was only meant to be on this diet for 2 weeks but it ended up being 3 for reasons I will discuss in the next post and I was well and truly sick of it by the time it was over.

No comments:

Post a Comment